Monday, September 17, 2012

Lost in Translation

It came as no surprise to me that I was placed in elementary Spanish II, luckily I am not the only one at this level.

I spent the first 20 minutes of class completely perplexed as to why my classmate Brie introduced herself and said she loves avacados and then started to talk about mock trial. Finally I asked what do avocados have to do with mock trial. Apparently “abogado” means lawyer and we were never talking about avocados.

Later in class I was asked to read a paragraph in Spanish. I came upon the name “Paul Jones” however I pronounced it “Paul Ho-nes,” No one was expecting my terrible pronunciation and we were all tearing up from laughing so hard.

My teacher is incredibly patient with us, and makes class something to look forward to everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment