Monday, September 17, 2012

Sevilla Later Amurica!

Orientation has taught me many valuable lessons. Always be weary of what you eat and where you walk!

Everyday during orientation I wake up at 7, eat breakfast at the hotel, listen to presentations about Spain and teaching, lunch, siesta, group activities or tours and finally capping off every night with tapas and a tinto de verano (wine with lemon soda) or cerveca (small beer.)

The first night at dinner, my tour guide Danny, kindly ordered me a salad. Excitedly I dove right in. I went immediately for the cashew, finally some protein! I put my fork in and swallowed it up. After chewing for a few seconds, I realized this is definitely not a nut. I investigated the salad and came to realize I had just ingested my very first piece of seafood I have ever eaten, a small curled up shrimp! No me gusta nada!

The second night we went to see a flamenco show. Flamenco if you don’t know is very loud! Apparently the Spanish sun got the best of me and within 10 minutes I was fast asleep in my chair in the front row.

I also went for my first run in Sevilla this week. After 20 minutes I was so hot that I stood in front of the sprinklers in the park. Apparently, humans are lowest on the totem pole in Sevilla. I quickly learned that motor vehicles, bikes, and horses always have the right of way.

Plaza EspaƱa

CIEE Teach In Spain Group

Roomates!

La Catedral

No comments:

Post a Comment