Saturday, September 29, 2012

¡Que Vida!

This past week has been very exciting!

First of all, it has been raining for the past few days. This is the first rain Sevilla has seen in 7 months. Now I feel much more at home, this dreary weather reminds me of good ole’ Binghamton, New York.
More importantly after living on Maria’s meal schedule, and her menu of broth, bread, and three peaches a day, I have finally moved into my new apartment. First order of business was making a gigantic salad for dinner, followed by a highly anticipated trip to IKEA to start furnishing my room.
View from my porch looking out at La Catedra
Right next to my apartment there is a huge festival ongoing for the next 6 weeks. The Festival De Las Naciones has food tents from all around the world, shopping, various performances and dancing every night. This is definitely going to be very dangerous for me; there is an entire row of stalls dedicated solely to desserts!
  
 
Capping of my week, last night I ran in my first international race, La Correra Nocturna, a 7-mile night race, which began at 10pm. The race went throughout the various neighborhoods of Sevilla, culminating in the Olympic stadium to an immense crowd, cheering, clapping, and blasting Queens “We Are the Champions.” Although my body took a pounding running through the crowded cobblestone streets, and dodging other racers, I very quickly forgot about any pain I was feeling. Water is not provided at the end of the race, but rather as many cups of Cruzcampo you can hold.
Sportin' my new shorts, tank top and medal from the race






No comments:

Post a Comment