Sunday, November 18, 2012

Churros con Chocolate


On my way to work, not only do I bike along the beautiful Guadalquivir River, but I also pass by a multitude of patisseries frying up fresh churros each morning. I breathe in the sweet aroma of the chocolate as the scent lingers in the air.

The time has finally come that I turn a blind eye to calories, and finally indulge in churros con chocolate, a common breakfast for many Spaniards.
The chocolate is warm, rich, and slightly bitter reminiscent of a thick pudding. The churros, in this case are loops of fried dough that are light and crisp. 

As if this is not enough, a generous coating of cinnamon and sugar enhances the flavor. The chocolate is poured into small mugs, and the dipping commences, leaving behind traces of sugar crystals underneath my fingernails.

There is no turning back now, I am addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment